Apply for a Grant
How to apply for a grant
- To submit a funding request click on relevant button and complete the form via the link provided.
Public Bodies: Institutions either fully or partially supported through government funding. For example; Hospitals, Universities and Schools
Non-Governmental Institutions: Institutions which are not supported through government funding. For example; Local Charities, Community Groups and Clubs.
- Your application will then be reviewed by our Grants and Donations Committee and you will be informed of their decision.
- Please take care to include all relevant information at the time of the application. Failure to do so will delay our consideration of your application and/or result in our rejecting it.
- Please also note that you should not consider your application approved until you receive an email from the Grants & Donations Committee formally notifying you that it has been approved.
- If you have any questions about your application please email UKgrants@lilly.com
You must submit the following documents, where applicable:
- A breakdown of funding where possible.
- Any other information which you think will support your grant application.
Public Bodies Non-government
Criteria for Funding
Types of programmes considered for funding: Lilly is committed to supporting health or education based projects local to the following three sites in the UK: Basingstoke, Erl Wood - Windlesham and Speke - Merseyside.
Types of programmes NOT considered for funding:
- Grants to individuals
- Healthcare Professionals training or development opportunities
- Travel grants to individual Healthcare Professionals to attend scientific conferences
- Requests for grants to be spent on capital equipment or building funds, such as capital or operating expenses (eg office equipment, computer hardware)
- Website development and associated programmes
- Religious programmes
- Grants to individual political parties
- Social events (such as Charity Balls, Student graduation celebrations)
- Gap year sponsorship or electives
- Charity fundraising outside of the UK (eg Trek along the Great Wall of China)
- Clinical research, including Investigator Initiated Trials and Research Fellowships (these need to be requested through the UK Medical Director in writing)
- Exhibition stands (Fees for these events should be forwarded to your local Lilly sales representative or marketing team contact)
- Projects working in partnership with Lilly (A proposal of the project should be forwarded to your Corporate Affairs or Marketing team contact)
Grants will be considered where the content of the programme is wholly controlled by an independent organisation and Lilly has no input or influence over the content. If a grant is given, this support must be acknowledged on the educational item or documentation supporting the event.
The personal information you submit in your application will be used by Lilly UK only for the purposes of processing the grant application, and any associated disclosure. Any and all uses will comply with all applicable laws.